BALLET LITTLE STARS
Ballet Little Stars offers high quality of ballet classes for children. It offers structured classes for children of all ages, according with the pathways of RAD:
- The Dance To Your Own Tune Curriculum (demonstration classes) is for children from 3½ to 5 years.
- The graded syllabus (Pre-Primary in Dance, Primary in Dance and Grades 1-8) provides a broad practical dance education focusing on ballet and develops technical, musical and performance skills (age 5+). Candidates aged more than 7 years old are invited to pass an entry audition.
- The vocational graded syllabus (Intermediate Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced Foundation, Advanced 1, Advanced 2, Solo Seal) provides an in-depth study of ballet and prepares students for a career in dance (age 11+).
- Discovering Repertoire, a classical ballet performance programme, provides a flexible structure for the development of technical, musical and performance skills in ballet based on adapted choreography from well-known classical repertoire (age 12+). Each level (2, 3 and 4) is comprised of three units which can be taken individually or in combination.
- Modern dance for children: The class includes simple combinations built upon a variety of modern dance techniques. It proposes to work with a diversity of music styles, dynamics, movement qualities, and interactions with the space around, with the aim to inspire the students to find their own ways of artistic expression throughout the movement.
For each level, Ballet Little Stars encourages and motivates students by offering them the opportunity to take part in an internationally recognized portfolio of RAD exams and assessments, designed to reward student’s engagement and participation in classes.